Over the past few years, the indiscriminate use of plastics has become a serious problem, due to pollution and overproduction of materials, which, without a functional recovery and recycling chain, can become the Third Millennium plague.
That’s why we are committed to developing a circular economy strategy.
Business and Politics are pushing towards an ECO-FRIENDLIER direction. TODAY, MORE THAN EVER, PROMOTING CIRCULAR ECONOMY IS ESSENTIAL TO REMAIN IN THE CURRENT AND FUTURE MARKET.
WHAT IS CIRCULAR ECONOMY?
Circular economy is an economic system aimed at reusing materials in subsequent production cycles, thus minimising waste.
Recycling is the second step and the core of circular economy. Recyclable plastics are processed and reintroduced into a second cycle to obtain new consumer products without using additional materials.
This recovery and reuse cycle can be repeated endlessly with huge benefits for the environment. Moreover, consumers can keep using products having the same function and efficiency as those made with virgin raw materials.
WHICH MATERIALS ARE MORE SUITABLE FOR RECYCLING?
The recycling stage of circular economy – which Veplastic has been promoting for over 40 years – results from three types of plastic waste:
- Garbage, also called post-consumer waste (i.e., whatever has been placed on the market and used)
- Industrial waste, also called post-industrial waste.
- A mix of both.
Garbage is lower quality waste compared to the industrial one and requires experience, machinery, and expertise to transform it into quality and functioning compound.
We at Veplastic strongly believe in this project, as we have invested a lot to create a product that, unlike other products, works for real and can replace a first choice compound.
HOW DOES THE REUSE CYCLE WORKS?
Specialised companies wash the collected plastic waste to remove any substance that has soiled the plastic and is incompatible with the reuse process.
Then, Veplastic transforms this material into recycled compound that we have called VEPLATENE®, from which we can make new plastic items.
VEPLATENE-ECO® perfectly replaces first-choice compound, meaning compound that has never been recycled. Moreover, we can meet every requirement of our clients. The resulting items are identical to those produced with virgin raw materials.
Veplastic is an IIP (Istituto Italiano dei Plastici) certified company, and all our products obtained from recycled plastics comply with the regulations in force:
- Certificate no. 1404/2016 (Materials obtained from the use of blends of plastics recycled from industrial waste in the minimum amount of 30%)
- Certificate no. 947/2016 (Materials obtained from the use of blends of materials recycled from separate collection and/or industrial waste in the minimum amount of 30%)
- Certificate no. 946/2016 (Materials obtained from the use of plastics recycled from separate collection in the minimum amount of 60%)
Recycling and circular economy are the only viable routes for plastics in the immediate future. The benefits:
- Environmental impact: recycling allows the recovery of waste and considerably reduces the number of dispersed plastics.
- Customer satisfaction: customers can use certified and guaranteed products having the same quality as those placed on the market, thus benefitting the environment.
- An opportunity for meeting an increasingly pressing requirement of the market
- The final compound is identical to first-choice compound.